- November 15, 2019
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Instructor Course (IFMC-IC)
Course Flyer: AWHONN 2019 IC Flyer
This 1-day Instructor Trainer led course presents principles and application of adult learning theory as applicable for teaching the Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course. This course, revised in 2017, is the first step for individuals who wish to be approved as AWHONN FHM Program Instructors. Once you have met the criteria for participation, this one-day, in-person course will assist you in becoming an AWHONN Fetal Heart Monitoring Intermediate Course Instructor. This course provides requirements for teaching the Advanced Course. Join the more than 3,000 professionals who have earned this prestigious designation and help other clinicians along their journey of fetal monitoring education.
The minimum requirements for participating in this course include:
- Current AWHONN membership.
- Successful Completion of the current Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course within 3 years previous to the Intermediate Instructor Course.
- Minimum of 2 years recent direct clinical experience in fetal monitoring.
- Current direct clinical involvement in fetal monitoring as a staff nurse, physician, manager, clinical nurse specialist or educator. Current responsibility for the evaluation of fetal monitoring skills of others.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development in intrapartum, antepartum, high-risk care and fetal monitoring.
CNE credits are awarded.
Location: Room 3111
This course provides 8.0 CEUs
Venue: Texas Woman's University