Educational offerings are held at various locations throughout Harris County. The Calendar of Classes, Course Descriptions and Registration screens on the HACPP website will indicate which hospital will host the offering. Once you register, an e-mail to confirm your reservation will be sent with a copy of these guidelines and directions to the hosting institution.
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
- Class handouts or manuals will be provided at course sign in except for AWHONN Fetal Monitoring courses.
- All offerings, unless notified otherwise, begin with sign-in at 0730 with instruction starting at 0800. Please arrive before the scheduled instruction start time to allow time for sign in and to find a seat. Allow plenty of driving time, as freeways are crowded at that time of the morning. Most offerings will end by 1630 unless otherwise indicated.
- Continuing education contact hours are provided for all offerings except Low Risk Maternal Care. Participants must attend each day in its entirety and complete and submit an evaluation at the end of the educational offering to receive a completion certificate. Anyone arriving 30 minutes or more after the class has started is subject to be turned away and/or not receive CNE credit. Participants are responsible for keeping their copy of the certificate of completion for their own records.
- Temperature control is difficult in any large room. Bring a jacket or sweater.
- As a representative of your institution, your dress and behavior should advance the professional image your institution wishes to put forward in the community. Member and affiliate institution participants must wear their institution name badge.
- Be prepared to pay for parking, breaks and lunch unless notified otherwise. Food service is available in the hospital cafeterias and directions will be given at the beginning of each course.
- Food and drink may not be allowed in certain classrooms or auditoriums – check with the course coordinator before bringing food or drink into the classroom/auditorium.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR AWHONN FETAL MONITORING COURSES
All AWHONN Fetal Monitoring original course materials must be purchased from Kendal Hunt Publishing Co. before the course date (instructions on flyer). You must have the course number (which will be given to you when you register) to purchase the materials. Participants are expected to read the manuals before each course.